Saturday, April 25, 2015

Second Project with "Laura's Kit" by Scraps of Darkness!

I know the April kit was aimed at a more masculine palette but I am just loving the rich patinas and rusts and the beautiful "tainted love teal" Magical powder by Lindy's Stamp Gang. I think I now need every color they make. Time for a new cabinet anyway!

So here is my second page, where I get to show another picture from Naomi's fall photo shoot:


I started with my treatment to the Blue Fern Tangier Panel-which tied in with the chain link fence in Naomi's picture. First, I embossed it with a Lindy's Stamp Gang "Cleopatra's Copper" embossing powder. I then worked in the Magical from the kit in Tainted Love Teal in various places to get the patina look. Finally I rubbed it over with Black Soot distress ink and with my Viva pearl pen,added bronze beads to the fence.


I am pretty happy with the way it turned out and it looks cool with the Kaiserscraft patina paper.
The "wooden planks" paper was burned around the edges (yes, water was near by) to give it a more authentic look and to add something unexpected.


The deep turquoise flowers are from Prima and they allow you to mix and match as you wish. I centered mine with Prima beads. The fall leaves and twine were in my stash and they add some more texture and color. 


The kit comes with some fun Prima butterflies and 2 packets of ephemera which I used throughout the page. Clear and chunky embossing powder was used on the circular title, then cracked.

I hope you enjoyed my page and thanks for stopping by!
If you are not already a member, come stop by our Facebook Page for games, scrappy fellowship and inspiration!




1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful layout, love how you have picked up the colors in your photo on your page..